Re: RFC: Prospective NMU of ndoutils-nagios3-mysql to close #607925

On Sat, January 15, 2011 09:52, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> Adam D. Barratt schrieb am Saturday, den 15. January 2011:

>> [...]
>> http://sites.google.com/site/khomoutov/debian/ndoutils_1.4b9-1.1.dsc
>> > Uploaded.
>>
>> Thanks; unblocked.
> Great!

Unfortunately, I failed to notice that this isn't as straight forward as
it seemed.  The version of nagios3 which is in unstable has built binary
packages for kfreebsd-*, whereas the package in testing has not.  This
means that the kfreebsd-* ndoutils packages depend on nagios3 and britney
is refusing to migrate the package as they would be uninstallable.

So far as I can see, the possible options are:

- release without ndoutils after all
- get the kfreebsd-* ndoutils packages removed from unstable
- use the largest hammer britney has to force the packages in regardless,
and then ask ftpmaster to remove the kfreebsd-* binaries
- upload ndoutils built against testing's nagios3 to t-p-u, with a version
number such as 1.4b9-1.1~squeeze1, in order to be lower than the unstable
version

My preference would be for the final option, assuming the upload could be
performed soon.

Regards,

Adam