Re: RFC: Prospective NMU of ndoutils-nagios3-mysql to close #607925

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 13:24:10 +0100
Alexander Wirt <formorer@formorer.de> wrote:

> > > A mail is sent to the pts for that package.  I don't think tying
> > > it to a particular bug makes a lot of sense.
> > My reasoning is as follows:
> > * I have spotted a bug in a particular package and filed a bug
> > report against it; thus I got auto-subscribed to that bug, and only
> > to it with regard to that package.
> > * The package got removed because of that bug.
> > * Since the only my involvement with that package was filing that
> > bug, I remain blissfully unaware of what really presents a big
> > problem for me, the bug originator; something I'll have to deal
> > with in some way. IOW, the removal just silently happened behind my
> > back.
> >
> > Sure, I could subscribe to the package in its QA page, but it has no
> > sense for a casual user who just filed a bug. I'd also argue that
> > it has not much sense for a "power user" like me as I did not
> > intend to took over the maintenance of that package or something
> > like this.
> Any new about the NMU?

Heh, a couple of hours ago I posted a message to pkg-nagios-devel
pledging for someone from the Nagios packaging team to sponsor my NMU
as both the uploaders which usually sponsor my uploads appear to be
busy. But it seems that the message did not reach the list, at least I
do not see it archived.

In any case, my call for help still holds, so may be you could direct
me to someone who could do the upload?

The source package's URL (ready for `dget`) is [1].

1. http://sites.google.com/site/khomoutov/debian/ndoutils_1.4b9-1.1.dsc