Re: potential tiff transition, tiff 4.0.0 strategy

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:
> On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 2:47 AM, Julien Cristau wrote:

>> That makes me kind of nervous.  Which packages are those?

> Potential packages from the security team's embedded-code-copies file:

> tiff
>         - wxwindows2.4 2.2.1 (embed)
>         - gamera 3.2.3-1 (embed)
>         - freeimage <unfixed> (embed)
>         - libtk-img <unfixed> (embed)
>         NOTE: there are two copies, one under tiff/ other under libtiff/
>         - gdal <unfixed>
>         - ia32-libs <unfixable> (embed)

http://lintian.debian.org/tags/embedded-library.html detects eagle,
biosig4c++, and freeimage as containing copies of TIFF, but all three are
overridden.  (eagle is non-free, so I suspect it's not a false positive
but is just unfixable.  I'm not sure why Lintian catches biosig4c++ and
not libtk-img or gdal.