Re: [SRM] updating ia32-libs and ia32-libs-gtk

On Thu, December 29, 2011 13:18, Philipp Kern wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 12:51:23PM +0100, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
>> > Given that this will be the final point release for lenny, might it be
>> > worth making an exception this time and also including packages from
>> > o-p-u?
>> We could also consider to make it not the exception but the rule. The
>> packages are accepted into stable afterall - so why not include them
>> into
>> ia32-libs at the same time?
>
> They're at that point accepted into proposed-updates.  If we know that
> there are problems we can ignore a package at point release time, so that
> it's not included into stable.  Having it already in ia32-libs might make
> that harder. (Or we may just not care about the content of ia32-libs.)

It has pros and cons - I would say that in most cases the chance on
trouble with a package is quite low, but the updated packages but do have
some kind of useful fix included (hence the stable update in the first
place), so it kind of makes sense to bring it to ia32-libs users sooner
rather than later. But there's certainly a more cautious counterpoint to
be made. I leave it up to the SRM's to say which they prefer.

Thijs