Re: Multiarch support in dpkg — really in time for wheezy?

Hi,

I can't let this without answer.

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> You could also make a case from a terminological perspective as well.
> Unstable is where development in Debian is supposed to happen, so it's
> perfectly acceptable to upload unfinished/unstable changes.

No, sorry. That's not how we are using unstable. We push there stuff
that we believe to be mostly ready for the next stable release.

Unfinished/unstable work is supposed to go to experimental. And in the
case of dpkg doubly so because it affects everybody.

Fortunately multiarch support is not in a poor state and I believe it to
be of release quality (and it made a release in Ubuntu and did not
generate a flurry of bug reports).

Furthermore I don't think that guillem is worried of breaking unstable.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

liberate it: http://debian-handbook.info/go/ulule-rh/