Re: Multiarch support in dpkg — really in time for wheezy?

Hi Guillem,

On Sat, 22 Oct 2011, Guillem Jover wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-10-21 at 11:23:27 +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > Given this, and if Guillem hasn't responded with a review requiring
> > further work on the branch by sunday, I will upload dpkg 1.16.2 to
> > experimental on sunday (October 23th).
>
> NACK on both unreviewed uploads.
>
> What I'll do though, when I get back home tomorrow from my current
> trip, is to push already reviewed stuff and keep pushing incrementally,
> instead of my usual big pushes, so that the progress is more visible.

That suggests that there's some multiarch work going on your side behind
the scenes. While I'm glad that there was progress (even if invisible),
I don't understand the lack of communication from your part on this
topic.

I mean it's not like I have done the work and handed it entirely over to
you, instead I have been maintaining the branch over the months and
squashing some bugfixes into existing commits from time to time. If there
are commits already reviewed I would like to see them so that there's no
divergence between what I have been maintaining publicly and what you have
done privately.

Also I don't know how your private branch looks like, but supplementary
review never hurts and I can't do that with private code.

> The 1.16.2 will still happen, as planned, quicker than our usual 2
> months between micro releases.

There's already 1 month elapsed out of the two. So you pretty much have to
respect the schedule suggested by the release team if you want this to be
true.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

liberate it: http://debian-handbook.info/go/ulule-rh/