Re: Upcoming Point Releases

On Sun, 2011-09-11 at 23:59 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-09-07 at 21:30 +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > we finally got target dates for the next point releases of both Lenny
> > and Squeeze.  Lenny should get 5.0.9 on October 1st; Squeeze will follow
> > on October 8th with 6.0.3.
> >
> > NEW for Lenny will be closed on the weekend of September 24th; NEW for
> > Squeeze on the weekend of October 1st.
> >
> > The upload of debian-installer for Lenny should happen on the closing
> > weekend at the latest; the middle of week 38 would be appreciated, so
> > that we have everything together on the 24th.
> >
> > For Squeeze it would be cool to have the kernel in for testing end of
> > next week (16/17th).  The d-i upload should be there the middle of week
> > 39, October 1st at the latest.
> [...]
> I believe we're now ready to do the kernel update, having got most of
> the security fixes done separately.  I'm going to start a build now and
> intend to upload tomorrow unless I hear any objection to this (or I find
> a problem myself).

I have not seen any bug reports against the previous 2.6.32-36, but we
need to fix the FTBFS on some architectures.  I will build and upload
2.6.32-37 tomorow with fixes for those and a couple more bugs.  Barring
serious regressions, this version should end up in the point release.

Ben Hutchings
If you seem to know what you are doing, you'll be given more to do.