Re: SAT-Britney status and howto

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 09.08.2011, 11:08 +0200 schrieb Joachim Breitner:
> > So I think britney's rule that blocks out-of-date binaries to appear in testing
> > should be implemented in sat-britney.  It should be configurable to allow (libs
> > oldlibs) in, though.  Would that be possible?
>
> Probably. Can you give an exact definition of that requirements: „A
> source package may not be in testing if...“
>
> Bonus points if the definition can be verified with regard to the
> current _state_ of testing and unstable, without talking about changes.

here is my shot:

„For each source package _name_, at most one version may be in testing.“

This would be simple and clear, but unfortunately breaks if you do
resort to that measure. So how about:

„For each source package _name_ where all source packages with that name
has section libs or oldlibs, at most one version may be in testing.“

But this would still cause problems if testing does not fulfill this
condition for some reason. Maybe this is better:

„A source package that is only in unstable and does not have section
libs and oldlibs may only migrate to testing if all source packages
existing in testing before with the same name are removed.“

This is not so nice because it talks about a transition, and not the
state of testing, but might better capture what you want.

Is the section of the binaries or the section of the source relevant?

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner