Re: SAT-Britney status and howto

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 09.08.2011, 10:58 +0200 schrieb Philipp Kern:
> > Because I have generated it anyways, here is today’s hint list. I’d like
> > to point out that it includes the linux-*-2.6 hint that was manually
> > sent to you by Julien. Among many probably invalid hints or hints that
> > require birtney-2-mode...
> [...]
> > easy linux-2.6/3.0.0-1 linux-kbuild-2.6/3.0.0-2
>
> That wouldn't satisfy britney2's "let's keep stuff in testing" mode neither,
> because it expects the old ABI to remain in testing.

Why not? All packages from linux-latest-2.6 seem to depend on packages
having their version number in the package name (linux-doc-2.6.39),
hence they could co-exist in testing with binaries introduced by the new
linux-2.6 source package (e.g. linux-doc-3.0.0). Seems to be the same
case to me.

> > easy linux-latest-2.6/39 linux-2.6/3.0.0-1 linux-kbuild-2.6/3.0.0-2
>
> This one is correct.
>
> So I think britney's rule that blocks out-of-date binaries to appear in testing
> should be implemented in sat-britney.  It should be configurable to allow (libs
> oldlibs) in, though.  Would that be possible?

Probably. Can you give an exact definition of that requirements: „A
source package may not be in testing if...“

Bonus points if the definition can be verified with regard to the
current _state_ of testing and unstable, without talking about changes.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner