Re: Migration of geogebra
On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 21:23:50 +0200, Giovanni Mascellani wrote:
On 27/07/2011 21:06, Niels Thykier wrote:
As I recall, the issue is that geogebra now depends on the Icedtea
Plugin, which is not available on all architectures.
Thanks. Just to know: were I supposed to understand this from the
I received ("Updating geogebra makes 1 non-depending packages
uninstallable on kfreebsd-amd64: geogebra-kde"), or the fact that I'm
receiving a completely unrelated error is to be considered a bug?
It's not completely unrelated, and it's not a bug.
If the new geogebra package were to migrate to testing, the
kfreebsd-amd64 geogebra-kde package in testing would become
uninstallable. That's simple cause and effect - and I'd argue that
geogebra and geogebra-kde aren't unrelated. :-)
In this particular case, there are at least two things you could do to
deduce the problem locally:
- diff the control files for the testing and unstable versions of your
package on kfreebsd-amd64 and check whether any of the differences are
relevant (e.g. your adding of a dependency that doesn't exist on that
- grab the testing and unstable packages files for kfreebsd-amd64 and
do (air code, but I think it's basically right):
- grep-dctrl -S -! geogebra packages.testing > packages.testing.new
- grep-dctrl -S geogebra packages.unstable >> packages.testing.new
- edos-debcheck -explain -checkonly geogebra < packages.testing.new