Re: Your "drupal6" stable upload

Hi Adam,

The stable-proposed-updates upload of drupal6_6.18-1squeeze1 was requested by DSA since the issue was rated 'minor'. See the attached email.

Sorry if I didn't follow the preferred approach, but I was not aware of it and did not verify beforehand. Do you want me to file the bug now?

Regards,

--
Luigi Gangitano -- <luigi@debian.org> -- <gangitano@lugroma3.org>
GPG: 1024D/924C0C26: 12F8 9C03 89D3 DB4A 9972  C24A F19B A618 924C 0C26

--- Begin Message ---
On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 04:45:39AM +0200, Luigi Gangitano wrote:

> Il giorno 20/giu/2011, alle ore 20.39, Florian Weimer ha scritto:
>
> > * Luigi Gangitano:
> >
> >> I've prepared an updated version of drupal6 which fixes a XSS
> >> vulnerability in the color module (SA-CORE-2011-001). Please find
> >> the attached files.
> >
> > Thanks for contacting us.
> >
> > It seems to me that explotation of this vulnerability requires write
> > access to the Drupal site.  Is this correct?  Then you should fix this
> > through stable-proposed-updates because it is a vulnerability with
> > very low impact.
>
> Exploit requires admin access (or custom access with equivalent rights on themes) to the website and a theme with color selection support. Color module allows for changeable colors in themes.
>
> There is at least on them with color support (Garland) installed by default.
>
> There is also a reflected XSS in error-handling requiring on-screen error display, which is turned on by default. More details:
>
>   http://drupal.org/node/1168756
>
> Please let me know which between stable-proposed-updates or stable-security is the right queue.

Please upload through stable-proposes-updates.

Cheers,
        Moritz

--- End Message ---