Re: Update puppet in stable

On Sun, 2011-05-22 at 15:56 -0400, micah anderson wrote:
> Back in March, before the previous stable point release update, I had
> written to debian-release about an annoying issue that came up with the
> puppet package since the release. that was #573551 which has to do with
> dependency-based boot scripts and how puppet enables/disables
> services. In squeeze, it simply doesn't work correctly with puppet.
>
> The fix that was proposed was flawed, so we backed out of that update
> and pushed this around in the puppet team and upstream until a better
> fix was found that actually addresses the issue properly. That fix has
> been incorporated in the release that has gone through sid->wheezy and
> is also in the version in backports, so it has had fairly decent testing
> and seems to solve the issue.

Thanks for this.  Overall, I'm happy with the patch but note that
#573551 still appears to be open; assuming I'm reading the discussion in
the bug log correctly, should it not have been marked as closed with the
upload of 2.6.7-1 back in March?

I'm also guessing that there's a typo in this:

> We only changed the disable case as the enable case still works on
> systems which use sysv-rc 2.88 or greater (atm, only Debian Lenny). We

given that Lenny is the only supported Debian release which *doesn't*
use 2.88 or later.

Regards,

Adam