Re: Scheduling of Debian 6.0.2

On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 07:55:31PM +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-05-21 at 16:55 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > I understand that the plan is to release the next stable update in 'late
> > May', i.e. the next 10 days.
>
> As you'll have noticed, that didn't happen.  We are now looking at
> releasing 6.0.2 on June 25th, i.e. in a little over two weeks from now.
>
> > I'm working on network driver updates to support new hardware, and I
> > think that a reasonable amount of regression testing will require at
> > least a week from now.  Please consider delaying the stable update so
> > that there is time to include these updates in the installer after
> > testing.
>
> How are things going?  In order to ensure that we have time to get the
> kernel available on all architectures and then perform a respin of the
> installer to pull in the updated kernel, we work on a schedule of having
> the kernel uploaded two weeks before the point release - for 6.0.2, that
> would mean over the coming weekend.

I've had a couple of positive but incomplete reports, and some code
review of tg3 changes from upstream.  I've not committed any changes
to these drivers and as things stand I don't think it would be
reasonable to do so.

This weekend I'll be travelling.  (As it happens, I'm going to the
Linux netconf.)

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings