Re: debian-edu squeeze release

On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 10:53:11PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> <h01ger> hi. would you accept heavily updated debian-edu, debian-edu-config,
> debian-edu-install and debian-edu-doc packages for 6.0.2 (or .3) so that we
> can do our squeeze release fully within debian squeeze?
>
> The changes are not really suited for "normal stable updates" but considering
> the packages are only used by Debian Edu and also because this would allow us
> to do our first Debian Edu release which is fully Debian I think it would well
> worth it. (And as said, there is no risk whatsoever involved.)

Sorry, but we cannot judge this request from the information we
received.  I guess the only answer so far would be "we might".  At
least the nature of the changes would be interesting.

(And yeah, it probably makes no sense for you to not use them from
squeeze but from the overlay instead, which is what would happen if we
don't allow it.  But a proper review needs to take place anyway.)

Kind regards
Philipp Kern