Re: Heads up: update for e2fsprogs intended for stable-proposed-updates

* Ted Ts'o [2011-05-08 17:37 -0400]:
> P.S.  One change I'd probably make, but didn't make the 1.41.12-4 that
> I uploaded due to an oversight: The first change described in the
> changelog for 1.41.12-4 should have had a "Closes: #614611".  I'm not
> sure it's worth bumping the version to -5 before uploading to s-p-u
> just to add that bit to the documentation; what do you think?
>
> Oh, one other missed bug #; "Fix badblocks so it the progress message
> correctly handles UTF-8 characters for I18N systems (Closes: #583782,
> #587834)" should also have included "#619182" to the bug closed list.

I marked these two bugs as fixed with the proper version and closed them
in the bug tracking system.

You could upload to stable-proposed-updates (after the release team
approves your diff) with the correct changelog entries even if the
changelog entries in unstable are wrong.  I don't see a reason to upload
-5 just to adapt the changelog entries of -3 and -4.

Carsten