Re: sh4 architecture into Wheezy

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 16:41:23 +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:

> On 04/26/2011 09:39 AM, Neil McGovern wrote:
> >I woudn't be particularly happy with that unless the gcc maintainers ok
> >it, and I'm still not sure that two days is also an acceptable
> >timescale.
>
> then please drop mips and mipsel as release architectures. At least
> sh4 has a workable, accessible developer machine, and people within
> Debian who care about the architecture.

It turns out the criteria for adding an architecture and those for
removing one aren't exactly the same.  Which is good, as it means we're
not adding and removing an architecture every couple of weeks depending
on a couple porters free time or random hardware issues.

Not saying mips and mipsel state is good, just that you should stop the
nonsense.

Cheers,
Julien