Re: pu: package apt/0.8.10.3+squeeze1

On Mon, 2011-04-11 at 15:18 +0200, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
> We would like to update APT to a new version. The
> diff is attached. As the BTS is overloaded, I am
> sending it directly to the mailing list.

I suspect the bug would have arrived by now.  In any case:

+  * apt-pkg/contrib/fileutl.cc:
+    - reorder the loaded filesize bytes for big endian (Closes: #612986)

Do we know when this got broken?  It seems rather surprising that no one
at all would have noticed pdiffs being broken on at least three
architectures (mips, powerpc and sparc in squeeze, plus hppa in sid).

Regards,

Adam