On jeu., 2011-03-31 at 14:30 +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:
> Xfce 4.8 (for the most part) doesn't rely on hal anymore, at least on Linux.
> Yves-Alexis, what is the fallback on kfreebsd? Does Xfce 4.8 on kfreebsd still
> require hal or will it just have reduced functionality?

On BSD it's reduced functionality (see
http://gezeiten.org/post/2011/01/Xfce-4.8-on-BSD-flavors ).

For volume management, thunar-volman won't be available on kFreeBSD so
no automount stuff. xfburn will just drop dep without too much issue.

For power-management, I'm not sure how xfpm will behaves without upower
at all, I'll have to investigate, but anyway newer xfpm doesn't use hal
at all.

Once the complete Xfce 4.8 stack is uploaded we'll have a more complete
picture of the whole situation.

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis