Hi all,

[...]

> # package quality
>   Advocate: Holger Levsen and Luk Claes
>   State: confirmed
>   Wiki: http://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseGoals/PackagesQuality
>
> This is a never ending goal of sustaining our packages quality by
> improving our tests and following up closely... so needless to say that
> I would still advocate this one.

[...]

I would advocate the idea behind this goal as well, yet I think as-is this isn't
a very useful goal: how would we ever measure its achievement? To this end, I
think, we need to give a much more precise definition of how we intend to
measure "quality". For instance, we could fix lintian version x.y.z and state
that we want to have 0 errors at the time of release. Similarly for piuparts. Or
a bugs per package ratio. All of these are measurable and can be checked for,
although of course they only give a very limited notion of "quality".

Best regards,
Michael