Re: sh4 architecture into Wheezy

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 02:05:52PM +0900, Nobuhiro Iwamatsu wrote:
>Dear release team.
>
>We(sh4 porting team) are now trying to run Debian on Renesas SH(sh4) CPU.
>  http://buildd.debian-ports.org/status/architecture.php?suite=unstable&a=sh4
>
>We want to support sh4 by the next release (Wheezy).
>
>- Buildd status
>  Currentry, we are finished with build with packages of about 90%.
>  http://buildd.debian-ports.org/stats/sh4.txt
>  http://buildd.debian-ports.org/status/architecture.php?suite=unstable&a=sh4&priority=
>
>- ArchiveQualification of sh4
>  http://wiki.debian.org/ArchiveQualification/sh4
>
>How do you think about including sh4 in the next release?
>
>If I have say "go ahead!", we will start work with DSA, buildd
>team, security team and ftp-master team.

Hi Nobuhiro,

A few questions:

You say "there is many user waiting for port to Debian" in the wiki
page listed. How many is "many"?

What are the future prospects for sh4? It seems that STM are
concentrating on ARM-based cores for future products...

Google-bait:       http://www.debian.org/CD/free-linux-cd
  Debian does NOT ship free CDs. Please do NOT contact the mailing
  lists asking us to send them to you.