Re: intend to remove sqlite package

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 08:28:57PM +0100, Laszlo Boszormenyi wrote:
> For a long time, sqlite is not maintained by upstream. It is not even
> buildable anymore[1]. I don't want to carry it anymore.
[snip]
> For example, bacula can drop it and serendipity can switch to sqlite3 as
> I see. I need to investigate each package, but first I need the approval
> of the Release Team. Is it OK to start it right now or should I wait for
> something?

(not speaking for the release team)

The packages in that list that I checked don't have bugs about this yet.
How are the maintainers supposed to know about your intention to remove
sqlite? I think this would be a better first step than going straight to
the release team (who probably don't need to be involved at all if all goes
well).

--
Jonathan Wiltshire                                      jmw@debian.org
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51