Re: Openssl 1.0.0

* Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be>, 2011-02-13, 00:27:
I would like to upload version 1.0.0(d) to unstable soon. It changes soname, but as far as I know the API is still compatible with the old one, and you should be able to rebuild everything against the new version.

Support for SSLv2 has been disabled in openssl 1.0.0c-2. We have a few dozens of packages in the archive that are not prepared for this: when rebuilt, they will either FTBFS or, worse, produce shared libraries with missing symbols.

--
Jakub Wilk