Re: Preparation of fixes to 6.0.1

On Sun, 2011-03-06 at 11:39 -0400, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> On 06/03/11 11:20 AM, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > - anything I missed?
>
> netcfg. #614884 blocks #606268 against network-manager. We have a
> working solution with the two fixes I mentioned in 614884 and my
> supplied patch for NM's ifblacklist_migrate.sh filed against 606268.
>
> The NM bug is RC but had no immediate solution forthcoming and was
> therefore deferred. For over a month I've hung out on #debian and have
> seen plenty of users affected by this bug, which is why I made the
> effort to fix both the netcfg and NM halves of the problem myself. But
> now it seems both the d-i and gnome teams have been rather busy and
> unable to do anything with my patches. Is there anything more I can do
> to help ensure this makes it?

Well, having it fixed in unstable would be a good start. The problem
doesn't just affect stable so having the first time the patch is in the
archive be a stable point release isn't generally appropriate.

Where would one find the patch for #614884?  Is it purely the snippet in
your message #21 in the bug log?

Regards,

Adam