Re: Openssl 1.0.0
I'm still waiting for a reply.
On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 12:27:51AM +0100, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> I would like to upload version 1.0.0(d) to unstable soon. It
> changes soname, but as far as I know the API is still compatible
> with the old one, and you should be able to rebuild everything
> against the new version.
> I wonder if I need to upload an openssl098 source package at
> the same time to provide the current soname. I would really
> like to avoid having the old soname in wheezy, so I would like
> to get rid of it as soon as possible and don't plan to keep
> a -dev package for it in any case.
> Please let me know what I should do, and when you think it's
> a good time to do that.
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-release-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com
> Archive: http://lists.debian.org/20110212232751.GB9490@roeckx.be