Re: GMP transition: 4.3.2 to 5.0.1?

On 26.02.2011 18:08, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 05:49:49PM +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
On 26.02.2011 04:42, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 03:57:28PM +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
On 25.02.2011 08:46, Steve M. Robbins wrote:

Clearly one should be mindful of the effect on GCC -- that's why I
asked the question on debian-gcc.  Do you have any specific concerns?

Have any concerns been raised on the GCC mailing list?  I've googled
and found only anecdotal positive reports:

   http://www.listware.net/201003/gcc-gcc/99756-gmp-501-and-gcc-45.html

Is there a GCC autobuilder suite that can do all these rebuilds?  I
will upload there.

I don't have such a setup.

OK, but someone must have a similar setup.  People are occasionally
rebuilding the archive to test new GCC versions.  Anyone on the
debian-gcc list got an idea?

does gcc still work when gmp5 is in the archive, and mpfr is not yet
rebuilt against the new gmp5?

Sure: I've been running that way at home for a year.  Why wouldn't it
work?

I didn't ask about your *home*, but the *archive* (and the buildds).

Instead of asking cryptic questions, could you please spell out your
concerns in detail so that we could address them.

what is cryptic about the question?