Re: [SRM] Approval for deluge_1.2.3+git20110209.8c36830-0squeeze1

On Sun, 2011-02-13 at 01:47 +0100, Cristian Greco wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 14:04:49 +0000
> "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> wrote:
> > If they're not relevant to fixing the bug and don't resolve any other
> > issues with the package, then they shouldn't really be included in a
> > stable update.  I appreciate that they're not large, but they are
> > larger than the combination of the files which do address #602613.
>
> Well, I know the changes seem particularly large, but it is not program
> code. [...] In any case, this code is never executed during build as
> the libtorrent library is available system-wide.
>
> I understand these changes can be annoying for a stable update but, on
> the other hand it wouldn't make sense to cherry-pick the single fix
> when we are tracking the 1.2-stable branch (which already included a
> number of fixes from last release) with a specific debian version of
> 1.2.3+gitXXXXXXXX.

Well, "we're tracking upstream's stable branch" isn't really an argument
for including unrelated changes in a stable update, particularly when
the patch is small enough that it could easily be applied to the
existing source package in stable.

However, as the changes in question don't actually affect the resulting
packages but just make the diff noisier, I wouldn't object greatly if
you included them.

Please go ahead with the upload, with or without the setup.py changes.

Regards,

Adam