Re: [SRM] Approval for deluge_1.2.3+git20110209.8c36830-0squeeze1

Hi,

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 14:04:49 +0000
"Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> wrote:

> On Sat, 2011-02-12 at 13:55 +0100, Cristian Greco wrote:
> > please consider the attached diff for deluge in Squeeze.
> >
> > The upload would fix #602613 (although the bug isn't easily
> > reproducible on all systems). Code for the fix is a backport from
> > the 1.3.x release made by upstream on explicit request (so the
> > version in unstable isn't affected).
>
> Thanks for working on this; a question on the changes:
>
> ---
> deluge-1.2.3+git20100712.0b609bf/deluge/ui/gtkui/systemtray.py
> 2010-07-12 23:46:04.000000000 +0200 +++
> deluge-1.2.3+git20110209.8c36830/deluge/ui/gtkui/systemtray.py
> 2011-02-09 18:07:32.000000000 +0100 @@ -324,9 +324,6 @@ if
> self.config["lock_tray"] and not self.window.visible():
> self.unlock_tray()
> -        if self.config["classic_mode"]:
> -            client.daemon.shutdown()
> -
>          self.window.quit()
>
> This looks like the call to shutdown() gets lost under some
> circumstances (as self.window.quit() will be called with the default
> setting of shutdown=False); is that intentional?

Yes, the change is intentional. It is a backport and is however well
tested, as commented by the bug submitter.

> > The following diffstat also shows other minor changes from upstream
> > 1.2-stable brach which don't affect the package.
>
> I guess this refers to these changes?
>
> >  get_libtorrent.sh             |   16 ++++++++++++++++
> >  setup.py                      |   33 ++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
>
> If they're not relevant to fixing the bug and don't resolve any other
> issues with the package, then they shouldn't really be included in a
> stable update.  I appreciate that they're not large, but they are
> larger than the combination of the files which do address #602613.

Well, I know the changes seem particularly large, but it is not program
code. It just adds another if/else switch to the setup.py module in
order to call the newly added get_libtorrent.sh script in case the user
is building from git and needs to download the libtorrent library. Half
of the changes in setup.py in just code indentation. In any case, this
code is never executed during build as the libtorrent library is
available system-wide.

I understand these changes can be annoying for a stable update but, on
the other hand it wouldn't make sense to cherry-pick the single fix
when we are tracking the 1.2-stable branch (which already included a
number of fixes from last release) with a specific debian version of
1.2.3+gitXXXXXXXX.

Please let me know if my complaints are totally pointless. ;-)

Thanks,
--
Cristian Greco
GPG key ID: 0xCF4D32E4