Re: [SRM] Updating ia32-libs* in lenny

On Sun, January 16, 2011 00:34, Moritz Mühlenhoff wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 12:28:06AM +0100, Philipp Kern wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 07:07:50PM +0100, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
>> > As you may or may not know the ia32-libs and ia32-libs-gtk packages in
>> > lenny are in a suboptimal state. It boils down to that they contain
>> the
>> > 'current' versions of other packages, they have been last updated well
>> > before lenny's release and hence don't include the most recent
>> versions.
>> > For squeeze the plan is to do this better and for wheezy the plan is
>> > remove them altogether, but this mail is about the lenny situation.
>>
>> how will it be done for squeeze?  Roll-ups as security updates?  One
>> update per
>> point release?
>
> During the Security Team meeting in Essen we agreed on updating ia32-libs
> with every point release.

And with the big difference that we have updated ia32-libs much later in
the freeze so the "initial delta" to released squeeze is much smaller than
what we currently have to catch up to in lenny.

I'm not a ia32-libs maintainer (will ask to be added to the team pro
forma), but in any case will take on me the commitment to keep it up to
date regularly.

Thijs