Re: [SRM] Updating ia32-libs* in lenny

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 07:07:50PM +0100, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> As you may or may not know the ia32-libs and ia32-libs-gtk packages in
> lenny are in a suboptimal state. It boils down to that they contain the
> 'current' versions of other packages, they have been last updated well
> before lenny's release and hence don't include the most recent versions.
> For squeeze the plan is to do this better and for wheezy the plan is to
> remove them altogether, but this mail is about the lenny situation.

how will it be done for squeeze?  Roll-ups as security updates?  One update per
point release?

> I would like to put updated versions of ia32-libs and ia32-libs-gtk into a
> next stable point update that change nothing besides update the included
> packages to their latest versions. Of course these included packages
> themselves are per definition already part of stable(-security).
>
> I'd like to ask for approval to upload these packages. I've created an
> update for the smaller of the two, ia32-libs-gtk:
> http://loeki.tv/~thijs/ia32/

Looks ok'ish.  I'll do a final review once it hits the queue, though,
so please go ahead.

> If you agree that the general idea is acceptable then I'll also build an
> update for ia32-libs.

Please submit a debdiff for ia32-libs prior to the upload.  I know that it'll
show a lot of "binary files differ", but that's ok; I'll check that in the
queue.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern