clisp install failure is a powerpc64 only problem?

Hi;

It seems like the install problems for clisp might only be happening on
powerpc64. There are several reports of installation success on powerpc,
and I verified myself on qemu-system-powerpc.

Debian does not have any powerpc64 porterbox, so this is difficult for me
to test.

I'm not sure what this means from the point of view of Squeeze
release. It does seem a bit odd to pull clisp from the release based on
bugs which we cannot duplicate on Debian machines.  On the other hand,
officially there is no separate "powerpc64" architecture, and having
only 32 bit supported is hardly desirable.

Of course, if someone can duplicate the bug running a 32-bit kernel that
changes things.  I still think we probably need a powerpc64 porterbox if
powerpc is going to continue as a release architecture post squeeze.

David