Re: Release notes entry for web browser security support

On Mon, 2011-01-10 at 18:47 -0500, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> Also http://webkitgtk.org/?page=download.  1.2.6 is now available
> there (vice 1.2.5 in squeeze/sid), and I was going to look at packaging
> it. Not sure if it would be accepted for squeeze at this point though.
> However, it does look like it fixes a bunch of security issues.

It's all security fixes, so I would think it makes sense accepting it.
Sorry I'm lacking in maintaining the package these days, but I plan to
keep updating it with the last security fixes we find, investigate and
push to the stable branch (1.2.x). Red Hat is helping quite a bit with
this by providing a developer to work on pushing fixes to that stable
branch, btw, so things may improve upstream.

Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org>
Debian Project