Re: Please unblock schroot 1.4.18-1

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 08:14:10PM +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-12-30 at 15:38 +0000, Roger Leigh wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 08, 2010 at 08:44:48PM +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > > As discussed on IRC, it's a shame that this resulted in a new
> > > translatable (and currently untranslated) string, although the fact that
> > > the string should rarely be seen and is in the program translation
> > > rather than a debconf template mitigates this slightly.
> >
> > I've allowed a fortnight for translation updates to come back, and
> > made a new release (1.4.17-1) containing five translation updates
> > and an additional RC bugfix.  Please could you unblock this to
> > allow it into squeeze?
>
> Unblocked; thanks.

Sorry to trouble you again, but I found soon after this release
#609108 which was breaking schroot on all kfreebsd platforms.
This is actually due to the statfs structure being broken on
FreeBSD, limiting the mount and umount commands to paths less
than 88 characters (80 in practice).

While we can't fix that major design flaw, we can reduce the
path length to <80 in most circumstances by not using long UUIDs
in session names.

The proposed changes to this bug are in this git diff:

http://git.debian.org/?p=buildd-tools/schroot.git;a=commitdiff;h=132cb05f7908f31052998934dd10883bea4a0e93;hp=release/schroot-1.4.17

Here, we fix the libuuid autodetection and enable/disable logic in
configure.ac and also fix a similar issue in the PAM logic.  On the
Debian packaging side, we don't build-dep on uuid-dev on kfreebsd,
and deliberately disable it when running configure.  We also update
the 50chrootname setup script to handle non-UUID generated session
names.

This has been tested on native kfreebsd by Julián Moreno Patiño and
Jakub Wilk, and by myself on KVM/qemu with a kfreebsd-amd64 VM as
well as on linux-amd64.

Is this OK to upload and be allowed into testing?

Thanks,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh