Re: advice for syncevolution in squeeze

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 17:38:56 +0000, "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> wrote:
> >      - Nokia E55: needs absolute alarm times (MBC #1657)
> >      - Nokia phones: alarm times in UTC, sending PHOTO (BMC #1657, #5860)
>
> Does the latter of these not render the former redundant?  The comment
> in the generic Nokia fix mentions that the alarm time issue was first
> seen on the E55 and the fix appears to be the same in both.

I refreshed the packages at

  http://pivot.cs.unb.ca/debian/pool/main/s/syncevolution/syncevolution_1.0+ds1~beta2a-2.dsc

and on git.debian.org

My main motivation in doing the refresh was working through some build
problems in dirty chroots.  Based on Patrick's comments, I removed the
first Nokia patch.  I also included a 4 line patch for a FTBFS
discovered by Yves-Alexis Perez, although the failure itself seems hard
to duplicate.  A second build failure (related to bluez gdbus) occurs
with glib > 2.24 (know to fail for 2.26 and 2.27). Unfortunately the
upstream patch for this is bigish, and drags in a bunch of unrelated
changes. Since glib is fixed (I hope!)  for squeeze, I decided just to
add a versioned depends on glib.

David