sendmail 8.1.4.4-1(was: Re: Richard A Nelson (Rick) <cowboy@debian.org> MIA)

On Tue, 2010-11-02 at 08:09 +0100, Harald Jenny wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 04:48:08PM -0700, Richard A Nelson wrote:
> > On Mon, 1 Nov 2010, Harald Jenny wrote:
> > >Could you give us a quick overview what the current state of
> > >packaging sendmail and libmilter is? Do you need any help? Is there a chance to
> > >get this new version still into Squeeze (release team?) or should we rather
> > >focus on backporting the necessary changes to 8.14.3? As the libmilter problem
> > >renders a class of applications unreliable this should IMHO really be
> > >classified as RC bug.
[...]
> > 	sendmail_8.14.4-1_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into unstable
[...]
> > So, barring bugs, it should hit testing soon
>
> Thanks - and I hope the release team will allow this transition to take place.

Which libmilter problem are you referring to?  There don't appear to be
any RC bugs closed by the upload.

With a little massaging of the diff (tarball-in-tarball with versioned
directory names sucks), I can get down to

but that's still quite large for an update at this point. :-/

Regards,

Adam