Re: Richard A Nelson (Rick) <cowboy@debian.org> MIA

On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 04:48:08PM -0700, Richard A Nelson wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Nov 2010, Harald Jenny wrote:
>
> >sorry to disturb you but it seems like a month has passed and the situation is
> >still unclear.
>
> 'Tis now on the correct track, finally.

That is very good to hear, thanks!

> >Trying to contact you in private seems to fail so I was forced
> >to use this way.
>
> Fail? How? I checked my logs (back to Oct 17th at least) and I only see
> those going debian - no temp/perm fails, etc.   If you have a failure
> report - I'd love to see it (maybe time to drop my MX service!).

No failure report, just no answer - maybe also my internet provider had a
problem, I sent you a private message just few seconds ago...

> >Could you give us a quick overview what the current state of
> >packaging sendmail and libmilter is? Do you need any help? Is there a chance to
> >get this new version still into Squeeze (release team?) or should we rather
> >focus on backporting the necessary changes to 8.14.3? As the libmilter problem
> >renders a class of applications unreliable this should IMHO really be
> >classified as RC bug.
>
> It was a comedy of errors - all mine
> *) I had a build ready to go the day after my last note
> *) I had issues uploading:
>    *) I now have to add options to force inclusion of source (didn't before)
>    *) My Key old key had been removed from the keyring
>    *) I was building newer keys, so it took a while to find the proper key
>    *) The last upload attempt on Oct 16 may have been partial - never
>       saw any accept note, nor a rejection ... I ran out of time
>
> Then the Work/Life balance was tilted by serious family health issues :(

Sorry to hear, I know real life tends to limit the time for working on Debian
so special thanks.

> Your note reminded me (thanks) that this still wasn't done - so I tried
> again and just got back:
>
> 	sendmail_8.14.4-1_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into unstable

Ah that's very good news.

> So, barring bugs, it should hit testing soon

Thanks - and I hope the release team will allow this transition to take place.

> --
> Rick Nelson

Kind regards and many thanks
Harald Jenny