Re: Python 3 support in Squeeze

[Neil McGovern, 2010-09-08]
> I'm slightly worried by:
> Sometimes 2to3 will find a place in your source code that needs to be
> changed, but 2to3 cannot fix automatically. In this case, 2to3 will
> print a warning beneath the diff for a file. You should address the
> warning in order to have compliant 3.x code.
>
> and:
> Note The lib2to3 API should be considered unstable and may change
> drastically in the future.

once again, we are NOT going to add python3-foo binary packages for code
not tested with Python 3 by upstream. I ask about packages for which
upstream claims 2to3 did a good job or it wasn't needed at all.

Adam: I uploaded my packages that support Python 3 (beaker and mako).
Let me know if I will not waste my time and I will work on docutils,
cython and lxml next.