Re: Unblock xserver-xorg-video-geode

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep  3, 2010 at 09:33:19 +0800, Huang, FrankR wrote:
>
>> Otavio,
>>
>>       I saw this thread from top to the end.
>>       Is it because the patch
>>               http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-geode/commit/?id=e9447f5335681a78cf87ebf8c9659a6fecfc9746
>>       block the geode driver to be accepted?
>>       If that is so, can we agree with the suggestion from Julien?
>>               if ((pGeode->Output & (OUTPUT_PANEL | OUTPUT_DCON)) ==
>>               (OUTPUT_PANEL | OUTPUT_DCON))
>>
> Well, or you could make it if (pGeode->Output == (OUTPUT_PANEL |
> OUTPUT_DCON)).  Or alternatively, explain why the existing code is
> correct.

We'll discuss this particular one with Otavio and let him comment on
the solution.

> Another question is whether your EXA composite paths are reliable enough
> now, or whether we'd better disable them for release.

I would say that they are a million times better than they were in
2.11.8 but I don't discount the fact that a few issues remain to iron
out. At the very least, a large number of rendering issues that had
been bugging users for the last two years are finally resolved and
this, IMHO, is a good enough reason to allow 2.11.9 into Squeeze. This
being said, it could very well be that a few issues that Julien
brought up need to be addressed before it happens.

Conversely, we'd appreciate if bug #567909 would finally be resolved
on time for Squeeze.

Martin-Éric