Re: want to get packages into Sqeeze

On Mon, 2010-08-09 at 00:44 +0200, Toni Mueller wrote:
> I am aware of the freeze, but find that I have been unable to meet my
> personal goal of having current packages in the release. This I
> attribute partly to problems with my health that forced me to announce
> a VAC (to actually go to hospital), which I left only last Friday,
> although not fully recovered (see d-p@ for that).

Sorry to hear that, and glad you're on the mend.

> I've pushed out a few of my packages over the weekend that - I think -
> would really improve the user's situation, but have two more packages
> lingering:
>
>  * funkload:
[...]
> The package (new upstream,
>  too) would at last fix some dependency errors which actually rendered
>  the current version of the package uninstallable.
>
>  My latest version of the package, 1.13.0-1, not yet uploaded, has the
>  remaining packaging problem that the build process does not yet move
>  the examples outside the original source tree, so it ends up somewhere
>  under .../pyshared.

I see that this has since been uploaded.  As it is a new upstream
version I'd prefer to let it age in unstable for a while longer first;
please ping us again in another week or so.

>  It also demands the latest python-webunit, which corrects several
>  programming errors, and thus obviates some kludges in funkload (iow,
>  they need to go in together).

I have to admit that I'd have preferred that this not include a
packaging format change.

However, the changes are small and look sane; unblocked.

>  * postfix-cluebringer (#577270):

This doesn't appear to have even made it to NEW yet?  On that basis I'm
afraid we'd be unlikely to grant a freeze exception for it.

>  * roundup:
>
>  The latest version of this package corrects several programming
>  errors, and also one error wrt. the Xapian migration that was present
>  in the patch Olly Betts sent me weeks ago. None of these problems were
>  corrected in the latest security upload by Moritz Muehlenhaus.

Again, the packaging format change here makes the diff quite a bit
harder to follow.

The changes generally look ok, but I'd prefer that this also got some
more time in unstable.  Please ping us again in another week or so.

Regards,

Adam