Re: Request for freeze exception for mercurial/1.6.2-1

On 08/08/2010 19:47, Julien Cristau wrote:
> Salut Vince,
>
> On Sun, Aug  8, 2010 at 15:49:14 +0200, Vincent Danjean wrote:
>
>>   mercurial/1.6.2-1 can be seen here:
>> deb http://perso.debian.org/~vdanjean/debian unstable main
>> http://moais.imag.fr/membres/vincent.danjean/deb.html#mercurial
>>
> Any chance you can send the debdiff inline, or at least give us an idea
> of how big it is?  I'm a bit too lazy to go download the package...

The full debdiff is big:
vdanjean@eyak:~/debian/mainteneur/mercurial/build-area$ debdiff mercurial_1.6-2.dsc mercurial_1.6.2-1.dsc > /tmp/debdiff
vdanjean@eyak:~/debian/mainteneur/mercurial/build-area$ wc /tmp/debdiff
 10467  44989 358996 /tmp/debdiff

If you want to look closely at it, consider using the upstream repo
to llok at all fixes in this stable release:
http://selenic.com/repo/hg-stable (stop at the 1.6.2 tag)

Lots of the diff is due to some cleanup in the manpage generation
(they fix the generator but they include in the sources the generated
manpage [the debian package rebuild them])
and also to fixes to the test framework (not used in Debian as it is
broken due to debian specific patch [FHS, sensible-editor instead of
vi, ...])

vdanjean@eyak:~/debian/mainteneur/mercurial/build-area$ diffstat /tmp/debdiff
 .hgsigs                                                         |    2
 .hgtags                                                         |    2
 PKG-INFO                                                        |    2
 contrib/bash_completion                                         |   36
 contrib/check-code.py                                           |    4
 contrib/hgweb.wsgi                                              |    1
 contrib/mercurial.spec                                          |    2
 contrib/wix/guids.wxi                                           |    2
 contrib/wix/help.wxs                                            |    3
 contrib/zsh_completion                                          |    3
 debian/changelog                                                |   12
 debian/control                                                  |    4
 debian/patches/deb_specific__use_sensible-editor.patch          |   12
 debian/patches/for_upstream__add_doc_url_in_example_files.patch |   11
 debian/patches/from_upstream__issue2255fix-basicauth.diff       |   43
 debian/patches/proposed_upstream__correct-zeroconf-doc          |   21
 debian/patches/series                                           |    1
 debian/rules                                                    |    2
 doc/Makefile                                                    |    2
 doc/gendoc.py                                                   |    2
 doc/hg.1                                                        |  633 ++---
 doc/hg.1.gendoc.txt                                             |   13
 doc/hg.1.html                                                   |   15
 doc/hgignore.5                                                  |   54
 doc/hgignore.5.html                                             |    2
 doc/hgmanpage.py                                                | 1102 ++++++++++
 doc/hgrc.5                                                      |  619 ++---
 doc/hgrc.5.html                                                 |    2
 doc/manpage.py                                                  | 1102 ----------
 doc/runrst                                                      |   11
 hgext/bookmarks.py                                              |    9
 hgext/color.py                                                  |   90
 hgext/convert/__init__.py                                       |   21
 hgext/convert/convcmd.py                                        |    4
 hgext/inotify/client.py                                         |    2
 hgext/inotify/server.py                                         |    4
 hgext/keyword.py                                                |   43
 hgext/mq.py                                                     |   42
 hgext/progress.py                                               |   35
 hgext/rebase.py                                                 |   26
 hgext/transplant.py                                             |    9
 hgext/zeroconf/__init__.py                                      |    9
 hgweb.cgi                                                       |    1
 i18n/pt_BR.po                                                   |  144 -
 i18n/sv.po                                                      |  252 +-
 mercurial/__version__.py                                        |    2
 mercurial/commands.py                                           |   55
 mercurial/context.py                                            |   12
 mercurial/dispatch.py                                           |   13
 mercurial/extensions.py                                         |   19
 mercurial/filelog.py                                            |   21
 mercurial/help.py                                               |    4
 mercurial/help/glossary.txt                                     |    2
 mercurial/hg.py                                                 |    2
 mercurial/hgweb/hgwebdir_mod.py                                 |    5
 mercurial/localrepo.py                                          |    2
 mercurial/mail.py                                               |   20
 mercurial/merge.py                                              |    4
 mercurial/patch.py                                              |   20
 mercurial/repair.py                                             |    5
 mercurial/revlog.py                                             |    5
 mercurial/revset.py                                             |   11
 mercurial/subrepo.py                                            |   14
 mercurial/ui.py                                                 |    2
 tests/test-alias                                                |    6
 tests/test-alias.out                                            |   13
 tests/test-bheads                                               |    8
 tests/test-bheads.out                                           |    6
 tests/test-bookmarks                                            |    3
 tests/test-bookmarks-current                                    |    5
 tests/test-bookmarks-current.out                                |    3
 tests/test-bookmarks.out                                        |    2
 tests/test-clone                                                |   10
 tests/test-clone.out                                            |    2
 tests/test-convert-svn-move.out                                 |   22
 tests/test-convert.out                                          |   18
 tests/test-copy-move-merge.out                                  |    4
 tests/test-dispatch                                             |    8
 tests/test-dispatch.out                                         |    2
 tests/test-double-merge.out                                     |    4
 tests/test-encoding-align                                       |  127 +
 tests/test-encoding-align.out                                   |   34
 tests/test-filelog                                              |   50
 tests/test-filelog.out                                          |    2
 tests/test-help.out                                             |    8
 tests/test-hgwebdir                                             |    2
 tests/test-hgwebdir.out                                         |   81
 tests/test-init                                                 |    3
 tests/test-init.out                                             |    6
 tests/test-inotify                                              |   13
 tests/test-issue522.out                                         |    2
 tests/test-issue672.out                                         |    8
 tests/test-keyword                                              |   11
 tests/test-keyword.out                                          |   11
 tests/test-log                                                  |   14
 tests/test-log.out                                              |  121 +
 tests/test-merge-closedheads                                    |   22
 tests/test-merge-closedheads.out                                |   12
 tests/test-merge-commit.out                                     |    4
 tests/test-merge-types.out                                      |    4
 tests/test-merge7.out                                           |    2
 tests/test-mq                                                   |   24
 tests/test-mq-qimport-fail-cleanup.out                          |    2
 tests/test-mq-qimport.out                                       |    2
 tests/test-mq-qnew                                              |    6
 tests/test-mq-qnew.out                                          |    8
 tests/test-mq-qrename                                           |    3
 tests/test-mq-qrename.out                                       |    2
 tests/test-mq-strip                                             |   16
 tests/test-mq-strip.out                                         |   14
 tests/test-mq.out                                               |   20
 tests/test-patchbomb.out                                        |    6
 tests/test-rebase-mq                                            |   10
 tests/test-rebase-mq.out                                        |   16
 tests/test-rename-dir-merge.out                                 |   14
 tests/test-rename-merge1.out                                    |    6
 tests/test-rename-merge2.out                                    |  100
 tests/test-revset                                               |    1
 tests/test-revset.out                                           |    1
 tests/test-subrepo.out                                          |    8
 tests/test-tag                                                  |    3
 tests/test-tag.out                                              |    1
 tests/test-ui-color.py                                          |   11
 tests/test-ui-color.py.out                                      |    3
 tests/test-up-local-change.out                                  |   16
 tests/test-update-reverse.out                                   |    6

  Regards,
    Vincent

--
Vincent Danjean                 Adresse: Laboratoire d'Informatique de Grenoble
Téléphone:  +33 4 76 61 20 11            ENSIMAG - antenne de Montbonnot