Re: [volatile] Updated clamav-related packages available for testing

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010, Adam D. Barratt wrote:

> The clamav project have announced that they will be publishing a
> specially formed virus signature which disables older versions of the
> software, including the version in lenny.

Ok, this is the official announce:

http://www.clamav.net/lang/en/2009/10/05/eol-clamav-094/

"Starting from 15 April 2010 our CVD will contain a special signature
which disables all clamd installations older than 0.95 - that is to
say older than 1 year"

Please tell me that "Disables the ability of older versions of the
software to receive virus signature updates" is not the same as
"Disables older versins of the software [completely]".

Thanks.