Re: Migrating netcdf3 -> netcdf4

On Sat, Apr 03, 2010 at 03:09:18PM +0200, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> Dear RMs and interested maintainers (in Bcc)
>
> What follows is the list of netcdf build-depending packages currently in the
> archive. The netcdf4 package is available in experimental since a while
> and currently at RC3 stage. It will be released quite soon and appears in
> good shape for Debian, after some fixes already merged upstream. It builds
> everywhere and pass unit tests as expected.

[...]

> v-sim (Debian Science Team <debian-science-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>)
> vtk (A. Maitland Bottoms <bottoms@debian.org>)
> libmesh (Debian Scientific Computing Team <pkg-scicomp-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>)
> deal.ii (Adam C. Powell, IV <hazelsct@debian.org>)
> octave-octcdf (Debian Octave Group <pkg-octave-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>)
> dx (Daniel Kobras <kobras@debian.org>)
> libpdl-netcdf-perl (Henning Glawe <glaweh@debian.org>)
> nco (Charlie Zender <zender@uci.edu>)
> gri (Peter S Galbraith <psg@debian.org>)
> gerris (Debian Science Maintainers <debian-science-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>)
> magics++ (Alastair McKinstry <mckinstry@debian.org>)
> gnudatalanguage (Gürkan Sengün <gurkan@phys.ethz.ch>)
> kst (Mark Hymers <mhy@debian.org>)
> gmt (Debian GIS Project <pkg-grass-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>)
> python-scientific (Matthias Klose <doko@debian.org>)
> grads (Alastair McKinstry <mckinstry@debian.org>)
> labplot (Helen Faulkner <helen@debian.org>)
> gdal (Debian GIS Project <pkg-grass-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>)
> grace (Nicholas Breen <nbreen@ofb.net>)
> ncview (Debian GIS Project <pkg-grass-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>)
> minc (Debian-Med Packaging Team <debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org>)
> cdo (Alastair McKinstry <mckinstry@debian.org>)

I just rebuilt all interested packages on my development box, without
problems, but for a few packages that FTBSes for other reasons. I think
it is a good idea to upload all resulting packages onto experimental in
order to check if all archs are ok. In the meantime 4.1.1 has been
released with final merge of all my changes. Kudos to netcdf
folks. I'll wait a go by RMs as asked by aba. The second step will
be final uploading in sid and a round of binNMUs.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine