Re: Hardware trouble ries.debian.org - ftpmaster.debian.org / release.d.o services back this weekend

On sneon 3 April 2010, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@debian.org> writes:
> > That is good news. Forgive me if this has been considered or decided
> > already, or even talked about somewhere that I missed - but will all
> > packages that were uploaded to sid before the outage, have been aged so
> > that they are ready to migrate once FTP-master comes back? It has been
> > 10 days afterall. Or can that be made so? Would be nice if we could
> > 'catch up' at least that part of the development process.
>
> I don't think that's a very good idea.  The primary purpose of the aging
> is to give unstable users a chance to catch significant bugs before the
> packages go to testing, and no one has been testing them while they're
> sitting in the upload queue.

To clarify, I'm talking about packages "that were uploaded to sid before the
outage".

It is my understanding that once FTP-master stopped, the daily aging process
stopped aswell. Say I uploaded 5 days before the outage and the package was at
the time accepted in sid, will my package now be instantly aged >10 days -
thus ready for migration - or will it enter waiting day 6?

cheers,
Thijs