Re: Ongoing Python Transition: related FTBFSes

Am Donnerstag, den 28.01.2010, 07:10 -0500 schrieb Scott Kitterman:
> > Scott Kitterman <debian@kitterman.com> (17/12/2009):
> >> I believe that we are getting close to uploading Python 2.6 to
> >> Unstable and dropping Python 2.4 as a supported Python version.  If
> >> we finish preparations in the next week, are there any ongoing
> >> transitions a python2.6/python- defaults upload would entangle that
> >> would cause the release team to want the uploads to be delayed?
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm not sure it's the proper thread to mention this, but from a quick
> > look, it sounds like related.
> >
> > FWIW, here are some FTBFSes I've reported lately, which look due to
> > this transition:
> >   #567220: qscintilla2
> >   #567222: python-qt3
> >   #567224: python-qt4
> >   #567226: pysvn
> >   #567227: pyqwt3d
> >   #567228: pyqwt5
> >   #567231: gammu
> >   #567302: babel
> >
> > python-qt* FTBFSes are likely responsible for some others, so
> > interested people may want to look into those first.
> >
> >> P.S.  Please cc me on any replies as I am not subscribed to the list.
> >
> > Done. I've also added -python@ in the loop.
>
> The solution for python-qt* is a bit complicated, but is in progress.  I
> saw uploads to Experimental that include new tools to better deal with
> python-sip changes.

Hi,

yes, the sip/python-qt* situation (including the qwt packages) is being
dealt with. Basically, the experimental upload was to get sip 4.10
through NEW, which has already happened. Now, all other build
dependencies need to be adapted (or added to Breaks: in python-sip4),
since sip 4.10 introduces a new ABI, again. However, dependencies of
sip-based packages are now on the virtual sip-abi-x.y (currently, 7.0)
packages, which is provided by python-sip and can be added to a
package's dependencies via ${sip:Depends} and dh_sip. python-qt{3,4} and
qscintilla2 in experimental already use this.

best,

Torsten
--
.: Torsten Marek