Re: php5 SPU

2010/1/21 Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>:
> Hi,
>
> Raphael Geissert wrote:
>>
>> I know the SPU freeze is coming, but I'm going to try to get the new
>> version on time.
>>
>> I intend to release a DSA to fix a couple of security issues on
>> Friday or Saturday. As such, I'd like to avoid having to prepare two
>> different versions (a SPU and later a DSA) and would like to include
>> the SPU changes on the DSA.
>>
>> Attached are the non-sec patches.
>
> At first glance none of the patches looks like it would be a particular
> problem, but as you didn't include any information about them I
> unfortunately don't know what they're supposed to be fixing. :-)
>
> Please could you provide a brief overview of the patches? The proposed
> changelog entries would probably suffice.

The bugs are:
#523073: missing sybase function aliases, which completely breaks any
application using those set of functions instead of mssql's.
#565387: a minor heap buffer overflow on 64bits systems on the odbc extension.
#556459: emails with ? and = characters being treated as invalid by
the filter extension.
#529278: an integer overflow in the curl_read callback function which
makes some operations look like they failed when they did not.

Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net