Re: Objective Caml 3.11.2 in Debian

Hello Stéphane,

2010/1/20 Stéphane Glondu <steph@glondu.net>:
> I've recompiled (on amd64) all relevant packages with the release
> candidate (announced last Dec 29), and all problems have been sorted
> out. As far as I am concerned, I see no objections in starting the
> transition.

Great!

>> I'm asking those questions of course because I'm looking at OCaml in Ubuntu.
>
> I guess the Ubuntu transition can be made in parallel.

Yep.

> Actually,
> importing all packages at once when everything in Debian reaches testing
> looks like a bad idea. Some coordination with Ubuntu maintainers (David,
> could you look for one willing to take the job?) will be needed so that
> everything goes smoothly.

Yes. I fear I'll have to take that job once again. :-) But only for
LTS Lucid! ;-)

I'll check with Ubuntu people if they agree and to find some help.

BTW, I've updated my transition script for Lucid and they are running
daily. I only need to make them watch 3.11.2.
  http://bentobako.org/ubuntu-ocaml-status/transition_monitor/ocaml_transition_monitor.html
  http://bentobako.org/ubuntu-ocaml-status/transition_monitor/ports_transition_monitor.html

Regards,
d.