Re: sbuild in squeeze

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 11:48:30AM +0000, Roger Leigh wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 10:42:23AM +0100, Philipp Kern wrote:

> I've cherry-picked all of the required changes and put them here for
> your approval (diff also attached against debian/sbuild-0.60.0-2):
>
> http://git.debian.org/?p=buildd-tools/sbuild.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/sbuild-squeeze
>
> This is about as minimal as it's possible to make and still have it
> non-broken.
>
> I'll need to do some testing since cherry-picking like this might have
> resulted in some needed changes being missed out.  But the number of
> features being changed is small and discrete, so testing should be
> simple and definitive to prove it's working.  Once I'm convinced it's
> working correctly, may I upload this to testing-proposed-updates?

Testing summary:

sbuild:
- format v1 and v3 (quilt) source packages fetch, unpack and build [OK]
- chroot usage with and without namespace qualifiers for clonable
  and non-clonable chroot types [OK]
  [all cloning/purging operations work on correct chroot and
  purging correctly skipped for clonable chroots]

utilities:
- sbuild-distupgrade [OK]
- sbuild-unhold [OK]
- sbuild-apt [OK]
- sbuild-hold [OK]
- sbuild-update [OK]
- sbuild-checkpackages [OK]
- sbuild-shell [OK]
- sbuild-upgrade [OK]
- sbuild-clean [OK]
- sbuild-stats [OK]
All the above tested using chroots with and without namespace
qualifiers; debug output used to confirm correct chroot selection
[they all use the same core library code to do this, so not
tested for every single possible combination; the setup code has
been tested in all combinations]
- sbuild-createchroot creates valid and working schroot 1.4
  configuration [OK]

schroot setup scripts
- 25nssdatabases copes with comments [OK]

I'm satisfied that all the core functionality is working correctly.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh