Re: Your recent sqlite3 and neon27 uploads

Hi Adam,

On Thu, 2010-12-16 at 19:21 +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-12-13 at 22:48 +0100, Laszlo Boszormenyi wrote:
[ about neon27 packages ]
> It doesn't *just* contain the fixes which were previously backported
> though, there are code changes included which were not present in
> 0.29.3-3.  From a quick look, I'm not immediately convinced that those
> code changes are RC; the moving of the patches in to the upstream code
> certainly isn't.
There are changes for win32 and Solaris; the changelog says:
Fix possible Solaris linker errors if building static library
Win32: Fix Kerberos authentication support with SSPI (Danil Shopyrin)
Further fix for SSPI support on Win32 (Danil Shopyrin)

Also fixes the following:
Fix error handling when pulling a request body from an file (thanks to
  Lou Montulli)
Fix ne_request_dispatch() return value for SOCKS proxy failure cases
Tighten SSL cert ID checks to deny a wildcard match against an IP
  address

The latter can be important, but I agree that other OSes fixes are not.

> The bigger issue is that because neon27 calls dh_makeshlibs with -V, the
> shlibs are bumped with every upload even if it's not necessary.
 Will remove that switch.

> Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on where we go from here.
 We've two routes. For the first and very last time, you let neon27 to
go into Squeeze and I won't upload anything during freeze without asking
and confirmation now and ever.
Second, I upload a new neon27 package, with patches that back out all
unrelated changes. In short, I make a v0.29.3 + previously backported
changes from the v0.29.5 tree. If I should go this route, may I name it
0.29.5-1really0.29.3 ?

BTW, I'm subscribed to the list and no need to Cc.
Regards,
Laszlo/GCS