Re: Your recent sqlite3 and neon27 uploads

On Mon, 2010-12-13 at 22:48 +0100, Laszlo Boszormenyi wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> On Mon, 2010-12-13 at 21:30 +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > I noticed that you've recently uploaded new upstream versions of sqlite3
> > and neon27 to unstable.  Were either of these uploads targetted at
> > Squeeze?
>  Yes, both. The easiest is neon27, which is a clean upload of the
> previous one which contained the fixes as backported patches.

Thanks for the quick response.

It doesn't *just* contain the fixes which were previously backported
though, there are code changes included which were not present in
0.29.3-3.  From a quick look, I'm not immediately convinced that those
code changes are RC; the moving of the patches in to the upstream code
certainly isn't.

The bigger issue is that because neon27 calls dh_makeshlibs with -V, the
shlibs are bumped with every upload even if it's not necessary.
Checking the diff between 0.29.3-3 and 0.29.5-1, none of the changes
look like they warrant a shlib bump.  For a leaf package this isn't an
issue, but for a library it can be and in this case is about to become
one - subversion needs to be updated in unstable but will then be unable
to migrate as it will depend on a neon27 package newer than the version
in testing.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on where we go from here.

Regards,

Adam