Re: fails to purge not RC

Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Donnerstag, 16. Dezember 2010, Neil Williams wrote:

>> ... and as Julien pointed out, these are not RC bugs unless you can
>> show that these packages fail to install/uninstall/purge.
>
> I know >50 packages failing to purge properly (+ which need bug filing), but I
> dont think failing to purge is serious. Definitly not at this stage of the
> release process I'd say :)
>
> And AFAIK the release team agrees with that.

Could you elaborate?  I would think that making "dpkg --purge" exit
with nonzero status would be serious, though perhaps of the can-defer
kind.

> (Plus 27 packages, which even fail to install - but see #595652 for why I
> stopped filing those as serious atm and see

Failure to install noninteractively sounds less severe[1] than failure
to purge.

Jonathan

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=20;bug=595652