fails to purge not RC (Re: 75 unreported bugs, (mostly?) fixable by rebuilding / could lintian please prevent such packages from being uploaded in future?

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 16. Dezember 2010, Neil Williams wrote:
> ... and as Julien pointed out, these are not RC bugs unless you can
> show that these packages fail to install/uninstall/purge.

I know >50 packages failing to purge properly (+ which need bug filing), but I
dont think failing to purge is serious. Definitly not at this stage of the
release process I'd say :)

And AFAIK the release team agrees with that.

cheers,
	Holger

http://piuparts.debian.org/squeeze/post_removal_script_error.html and
http://piuparts.debian.org/squeeze/unknown_purge_error.html are the
candidates I have in mind...

(Plus 27 packages, which even fail to install - but see #595652 for why I
stopped filing those as serious atm and see
http://piuparts.debian.org/squeeze/db_setup_error.html for the list of
packages.)